Saturday, June 25, 2016

Day 3- St. Louis Road trip


June 25, 2016, 8:43 PM, Little Turtle RV

I'm going to try and dictate this post. I feel too lazy to get my Bluetooth keyboard out. We'll have to see how it goes. Anyway, Day three has come to an end. It wasn't the most exciting day, but it had its moments.

I started The morning just hanging out in the Colby T. Check in at Little Turtle is at 3 PM, so I didn't want to leave too early. I wanted to make sure I downloaded a book to listen to on the trip, since I finished my other one yesterday. I walked all the way to the bathhouse, which was farther away than usual, to use the Wi-Fi. But, the Wi-Fi at Eisenhower Park was sucky and wouldn't let me download anything. 

I hiked back to the camper, and stewed for a while. Then I decided to call Little Turtle and ask if I could arrive early. They said it was no problem at all. I told him I would probably get there around noon. Within an hour, I was on the road.

On the way out of Eisenhower Park, I decided to try the Wi-Fi at headquarters. It wasn't any better. I had to drive without a book. Now, that normally wouldn't be a problem. But, for some reason I have never understood Oklahoma has some of the bumpiest and noisiest roads I've ever driven on. The sounds coming from under the truck were driving me nuts! I kept thinking I had a flat tire or something. Besides that, it was making my teeth itch.

I actually arrived at Little Turtle at just about 1 PM. It is a really nice place. It has all the RV park amenities, and they plan on adding even more. After I got set up, and took the time to download two books for the rest of the trip, I took a nice long hike around the place just to see everything. I actually got to see the lake. They even have special campsites for a horse owners that have a pen at each site for the horse.

I was really hot when I got back from Matt hike, so I just relaxed in the camper and read for a while. I also played a silly game that I downloaded. It was so silly that I actually fell asleep playing it. So I guess I should say I had a little nap!

At about 6 PM, I decided I needed to get the rest of my steps in, so I went out into the heat again and hiked until I hit my 11,000. It was a lot cooler than earlier, but it still was not the most pleasant temperature for hiking. By the time I got back to the camper, I was soaked mess. I also was a little stinky. I decided it was time to hit the bathhouse. 

I stuck all my stuff in a plastic Walmart bag and headed on over. The showers were very clean. Unfortunately, somebody here is overcompensating for the heat. It was so cold in that bathhouse, that The parts of your body that weren't being hit with hot water got goosebumps! It was a quick shower to say the least.

I hiked back to the camper, and didn't see my shampoo. I discovered a big hole in the plastic grocery sack. Without any more investigation, I hiked back to the bathhouse to get it. Of course it wasn't there. When I got back to the trailer, it was sitting right there on the counter. I must've taken it out and not even noticed. The round-trip to the bathhouse got me hot and sweaty again. I had to do a sponge bath in the camper. Ridiculous!

While I was trying to dry off in front of the fan, I called Rachel to see how things were going in San Antonio. We talked for a while. Then, I started this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home